Today marks the two-month anniversary of my new job at ACE Programs for the Homeless. Since I started, I have been working a couple territories in Manhattan, including a new branch of our organization, the NoHo/Bowery Partnership. When I first started, I made it my personal goal to execute an event in my first three months, and…. tomorrow will be my first event!
I am so excited about it. Astor Center has graciously donated the space, all the wine, and party materials. We have food donations from six different NoHo restaurants, including the not-yet-opened DBGB from Daniel Boulud (at right). How great, right?!
I just had to share the menu… WHY AM I A VEGETARIAN?
- Giorgio’s Meatballs, Pecorino, Red Sauce
- Tuna Tartare, Scallion, Burnt Soy, Creme Fraiche, Wasabi Tobiko
- American Cheesecake, Strawberry Compote
- “The Candy Bar” milk chocolate, salt roasted peanuts, caramelized bananas
- Crispy Pig’s Trotters with Curried Sauce Gribiche and Red Mustard
- DBGB Hot Dog with Pommes Souffles
- Nantucket Bay Scallop Ceviche with Citrus and Celery
- Mint Chocolate Marshmallow, Hazelnut Passion Macaroons, Nougat de Montelimar
- Duck Steam Bun, hoisin, scallion
- Spicy Seared Beef Salad Summer Roll, Sriracha mayo, crispy shallots
- Guanduja Trifle, blood orange
- Milk Chocolate and Passion Fruit “S’more”
- Baked Polenta with Porcini Mushroom Puree
- Robiola Pizza Squares
- Lamb Stew with Root Vegetable Puree
- Fruit Tart
- Chicken Croquetas
- Crestas de Tonyina
- Patatas Bravas
- Tortilla De Patatas
- Crisp Duck Roll
- Smoked Salmon on Buckwheat Pancake
- Seared Yellowfin Tuna, Avocado and Chipotle Pepper on Tortilla
- Crisp Serrano Ham with Quince and Manchego
With red, white, and sparkling wine from Astor Wines.
Bring on the party!