I seem to have fallen into the ugly habit of not updating my blog, and therefore apologizing for my lack of consistency every time I do. Annoying? Yes. But not as annoying as the voice in my head that keeps scolding me for every day I play hooky. I am completely aware that some of the people close to me stay updated through this very website, so…
Yes, I am alive.
Yes, New York is still incredible.
Yes, I am insanely busy.
No, I do not have a boyfriend.
No, I can’t afford to come home for Thanksgiving.
No, I haven’t yet met Tina Fey or Amy Poehler (surprisingly).
Anyhow… here are some quick things on my mind:
- I recently traveled to Doylestown, Pennsylvania to work for the Obama campaign and talk to voters face to face – incredible. I highly recommend getting involved in this election and working on the very important battleground states! No act is too small. Walk door to door, make calls, or just open your home to traveling volunteers for a night. Check out this website for more information on how to get involved. You only have 36 days left!
- The Karate Parade (my improv group) is getting awesomer and awesomer… we have hosted a few shows at a venue in Long Island City (first stop in Queens) to wild success and packed audiences! I can’t wait until we have a regular gig going and our name becomes more well-known.
- My new(ish) apartment is so fantastic I can hardly handle it.
- My good friends Natalie and Whitney left New York today to drive back to California (permanently) – they will be missed!
- The economy is wildly scary right now, but at the same time, is it that surprisingly we’re in a crisis right now? Look at every major world power in history… maybe it’s America’s time to humble itself and start thinking clearly again, hopefully with Obama’s guidance. And to McCain – that’s not lack of patriotism – that’s REALISM.
- I am starting two new classes at UCB in the next couple of weeks: Solo Work and Storytelling (building an individual showcase, based on my personal life) and Musical Improv 101 (exactly what it sounds like, improvising a musical).
- I am distracted right now because I can hear a band outside playing a cover of the Star Wars theme song.
- I am further distracted because Travis just called me and told me he booked a flight to come visit me in November (hooray!).
- Brooke and I are attending the taping of SNL’s live political special next Thursday night – SO excited! The newest featured player (Bobby Moynihan) is a UCB-er, so I’m hoping we can pop over to say hi to him after the show! (And possibly meet the two aforementioned female comedy superstars.)
- Just watched an incredible documentary called “The Business of Being Born” – it’s worth adding to your netflix list. It made me cry.
- Just watched an incredibly depressing documentary called “The Bridge” – don’t add it to your netflix list, unless you want to witness a handful of people hurl themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge. It made me sick.
- And lastly, online dating: probably the easiest way for me to meet a potential Mr. Right. Who has time to meet people any other way? I gots bills to pay and people to make laugh.