I just wanted to share this cool picture that I took – it might be hard to see, but I put a color accent on Marcel’s eyes, so the shot is completely B&W, except for the yellow tint of his adorable peepers.
- Walking around with a four-month old kitten in a knapsack on your person is not generally regarded as “normal” by Upper East Siders.
- Upright Citizens Brigade trumps all other improv comedy schools.
- The Ritz (well I’ve only seen the first half so far) is extremely funny and entertaining, and would be even better if I were a 50-year-old gay man.
- I have gotten pretty good at making auditors laugh (with me, not at me) – while still not getting a job in a show.
- New York gets kind of cold in November. What will January be like?
- It is not as easy as I thought it would be do wash all of my clothes in one day.
- Like I said, UCB trumps all others, and one reason is this, which talks about the SNL performance at the UCB theater last night, which raised money for the Writers Guild Strike Fund and figuratively smashed poo in the producers’ faces.
- The Lower East Side has some very interesting live music venues. Some notable names include “The Living Room” and “Arlene’s Grocery.” Good times.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley is an outstanding piece of literature, but according to my roommate, not a very good Broadway musical. (This is not to be confused with Mel Brook’s Young Frankenstein, which is reportedly the best musical in the history of musicals. I have tickets for the December 30th matinee!)
- When you find a good pair of boots at Steve Madden for 20% off, you should buy them in two colors. I know I did.
- Another reason to defend UCB’s superiority is the fact that there will be a (and you are soooo lucky to know about this before the fact) live performance of NBC’s Emmy-winning TV show 30 Rock tomorrow evening, also at the UCB theater to raise money for the writers who struck out, I mean – are striking. Check out this desperate craigslist post.
- I learned how to do links today.
- In an effort to emphasize how amazing UCB is, I will inform you that I signed up for “201”, the next course in the series of classes formed by some of NYC’s best comics. I love these classes, and hopefully one day, can show you- whoever you are- that I am funny.
13 is my lucky number. That’s all folks.
Oh, here’s something cool you should watch if you like indie rock – an awesome artist named Levi Weaver, who I saw last year at the Imogen Heap concert and is coming to my town next month. And yes, we are myspace buddies – and we message back and forth like BFFs. For ser.