I’ve been anxious trying to decide exactly what I’ll be singing for my solo performances aboard the Silver Wind, starting this November and running through June 2012. We begin rehearsals in Las Vegas in less than two weeks, and I’m trying to get my ducks in a row before I fly West next week. I’m looking to put together 40-50 minutes of solo music, than can be sung either with a decent karaoke track (that I’ll need to buy this week) or with piano accompaniment onboard the ship.
Here’s what I’m thinking so far:
- Don’t Rain On My Parade (Barbra Streisand)
- Across The Universe (The Beatles)
- Someone Like You (Adele)
- Firework (Katy Perry)
- Don’t Stop Me Now (Queen)
- These Boots Are Made for Walkin’ (Nancy Sinatra)
- Fever (Peggy Lee)
- Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
- [Sittin’ On] The Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding)
- Life on Mars (David Bowie)
- Satisfaction (The Rolling Stones)
- Mad World (Tears for Fears)
- Nature Boy
The casting/entertainment agency recommended trying to find a theme, but urged me to just find a set that really ‘showed me off best.’ I guess I’m having a lot of trouble trying to nail it down into a comprehensive set list that makes sense. So… any ideas? I would probably be most happy just doing an entire set of super emotional ballads, but maybe that’s a little one-note? Would love any suggestions or advice on this!