I didn’t end up making through to be seen at today’s open call for Mamma Mia. A huge problem with auditioning for Broadway musicals is the fact that they are unionized… and I’m not a member of the Actors Equity Association. Tight rules and strict enforcers today ensured that the 50 or so non-equity members would not be seen, due to high turnout of equity members. This was quite disappointing. Here was my day:
- 8:00AM Wake up, and get ready.
- 9:30AM Arrive at Chelsea Studios to put name on the list.
- 11:00AM Return home, shower and make myself beautiful for audition.
- 1:30PM Arrive at Chelsea Studios to await my audition time.
- 1:47PM Told by equity monitor that we wouldn’t be seen.
- 2:00PM Wallowed in self-pity and walked home because I didn’t want to spend money on transit.
- 5:00PM Came to Chelsea Studios one last time to try and be seen by the casting director. Unsuccessful.